Kia Ora | Hello | Talofa Lava |Ni Hao |Namaste |Malo e leilei | Bula vinaka | Kamusta
- Are you a psychologist, psychotherapist or counsellor?
- Would you like to be part of a large award winning, supportive and a multi-disciplinary team with a strong team culture?
- Do you enjoy making a difference in people's lives and would like a variety?
- Would you like to work in primary care?
We invite you to come and join our growing team of 60+ members at the leading edge of providing well-being support to our multi-cultural communities!
Who are we?
Tāmaki Health's "Wellness Support Team (WST)" was established in 2012 and is led by pioneering primary mental health psychiatrist Dr David Codyre. WST won the best mental health programme award at the 2021 New Zealand Primary Healthcare Awards. WST provides holistic support to people (all ages) and whānau with psychosocial, mental, physical and wellbeing needs.
Tāmaki Health is an innovative and rapidly growing primary care network serving high-needs populations in the greater Auckland region and beyond. Tāmaki Health's mission is to be the leading primary healthcare provider in the provision of affordable, accessible, culturally competent and high quality health care services to all New Zealand communities. Tāmaki Health promotes strong adherence to its organisational values. We believe we are here to serve, so we work as one, strive for a better tomorrow, be available, take care of each other and for the better good.
The WST supports Tāmaki Health's General Practice teams to better meet patient well-being needs via a multi-faceted programme, including provision of evidence-based psychological intervention integrated within primary care. A mix of individual, couple, family, and group intervention services are offered in the community and integrated into GP clinics across the network. The diverse multidisciplinary team includes psychologists, psychotherapists, nurses, nurse practitioner, psychiatrist, GPs undertaking advanced training in primary mental health, health coaches, health improvement practitioners (wellness advisors), mindfulness educators, group facilitators and administrative roles.
This role will see you working with clients and their whānau registered with our GP clinics providing mental health and well-being support in GP and community settings. It will involve working with clients providing brief individual/couple/family therapy as well as delivering evidence based-group programmes. Part time and full time roles are available across Auckland.
You will have:
- A post-graduate qualification enabling you to work therapeutically with clients
- Registration with a registering body under the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act (HPCA) and/or full membership with a Professional Association for your profession
- Experience working with clients and their whanau in a clinical setting
- Experience in working in evidence-based therapeutic models particularly brief psychological interventions
- Experience and/or enthusiasm for delivering group programmes
- Working with a diverse multi-disciplinary team supported by a consultant psychiatrist, GPs, nurses, psychologists, therapists, health improvement practitioners, health coaches, group facilitators and administrative members
- Provision of internal supervision and mentoring support with professional development opportunities
- Regular MDT peer reviews and trainings
- Ability to be innovative and contribute to the development and growth of this service
- Flexible hours and work locations
- An exciting and stimulating work environment